Sorta related; when Richard III made his ill-starred grab at the Monarchy that famously ended at Bosworth in 1485, a prime motivator had been the fact that his older brother King Edward IV had almost certainly been fathered as a result of their mom’s affair with a Welsh archer. Hence Edward was a bastard and his sons in the tower were continuations of that line, a fact certain to cause chaos in those already chaotic times.

I don’t believe Harry is gonna do 23 and Me anytime soon, I do know he reportedly aquitted himself quite well in Afghanistan which is a form of Nobility that actually means something.

So now he’s cut himself adrift and paid back public funds

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/18/harry-and-meghan-abdicate-royal-titles-public-funds/

I have no idea if he married poorly or not, if he did he won’t be the first. He did get a son out of the deal, which changes everything.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744