Originally Posted by pete53
sharp things, your are probably right about the Zwickey probably not good enough for bigger animals. but for deer i am still going to use them for this reason i have about 10 dozen Zwickey broadheads many old bowhunters gave me there Zwickey broadheads .and now days i might shoot a old buck every other year with a Zwickey broadhead. good luck in 2020,Pete53

Pete, Zwickey has always made great heads. They have been around long enough to have proven their worth.

Last week I was able to try out the new Palmer extreme 160 heads while removing more deer for the municipality. (this was the 14th deer since Jan. of last year but my first with the new Palmer broadhead.) There were nearly 200 volunteers that signed on to help reduce the deer population in the municipality. As of this week we have taken about 90 deer. Ive been able to take 14% of the total deer killed which tells me there are a great many (perhaps the majority )that have taken no deer at all. It makes me wonder why they would sign up as they have put forth no results.

The results from the Palmer Extreme 160 head are impressive. This old gal was very noticeably limping on her right hind leg. I made a double lung pass through resulting in an 8 second run before this big old doe fell. The head provided a great and short blood trail. The 4 blade head is nearly an inch and a half wide so a massive wound channel is to be expected.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One dew claw was on the opposite of the foot.

The Palmer heads are the real deal. After the kill, I used my broadhead sharpener to return it to a razor's edge and its now back in the quiver to be used on my next game animal.

Last edited by sharp_things; 01/20/20.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,