Originally Posted by gnoahhh
If push came to shove, I suppose my favorite Savage would be my M1899 Deluxe .250-3000, 2nd variation.

My favorite of all time isn't a Savage though. Don't laugh, but it's a Mossberg .22 autoloader. Christmas, 1965, was a bitter cold morning made exciting by the brand new .22 poking out from under the tree. It isn't so much the gun (even though it was a constant companion on my adolescent forays into the wilds)- yea, it is a veritable POS- but more so the family warmth and love of my Dad that it represents. It would be my "cold dead hands" gun.

Gary,
I think a lot of us are in possession of firearms with great sentimental value. I have several from my dad and granddad. Two occupy the biggest space in my heart. The first is a Marlin .22 my dad gave me in '62 for my First Holy Communion. My mom almost schitt! The second is Ol' Reliable, a Rem 742 that he gave me on Christmas 1971. It's the memories and experiences I've had with that rifle that make me wonder about the stories in each of these 99's that I handle.

Last edited by eaglemountainman; 01/22/20.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.