Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by Hastings
5 feet 9 inches and 150 pounds, are you using meth?

Dude, this is the internet. 5’9” is probably 5’7”. Depending on frame, etc., that is a good weight. I’m 6’1” and my ideal weight is something like 165-170.

Those BMI charts are outdated. At age 18 I was close enough to 6'1" to round up. I was 172 at grad and looked like a rake thanks to all the running and sports. In the next 2-3 years my shoulders grew and by necessity my suit size went up a few sizes. My brother described me as "barrel chested".

I wish I had had a brain and kept my weight down, but I don't think i should be 170-180 like the BMI says. I would look like a concentration camp prisoner. If I had a good exercise routine, I can support 225-235 quite well. 210-215 Is as low as I would ever want to be. Anything less and I would look ridiculous.

Almost 56, last 15 years have been crap. 2 back surgeries and now 2 foot surgeries in the last 7 months. Foot surgeries because the initial back injury/surgery eventually twisted my foot . 5 weeks into recovery and things are starting to heal fast. Pins and PIC line out Tuesday hopefully. Open wound is finally closed.

Looking forward to rehab, but I'll never run or play sports again, that ended in 2005. Long way of saying I could stand to lose 40-50 lbs.