Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by joelkdouglas
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

350 yards last fall. I have 2 with the LRD reticle and 1 with the Heavy Duplex. My longest shot with is 385 with a Leupold 6x36 with LRD and the glass in the 6x42 is just a touch better.

As for low light, clarity, etc it’s very good. Not as good as some higher end scopes, meaning I can’t see bullet holes really well at even 100 yards at the range. But for hunting I wouldn’t pass on a 400-500 yard shot depending on conditions because of the scope (I might pass for a list of other reasons).

If you are going to use it to dial I would get a different scope. I haven’t had any problems with mine staying set but a bud killed one, and they don’t dial exceptionally. For set and forget on a 308 I think you would be good to go.

Beautiful rifle.

Agree.

How about the details on that one.

DF

Thanks!

It’s a Kevin Weaver rifle (terrific gunsmith!)
7 Mashburn
Borden Timberline action
Krieger #2 barrel
Dakota bottom metal
Trigger Tech trigger
Wood blank from Roger Vardy
All metal and wood work done by Weaver

I don’t know the make of everything ie the grip metal, inlet swivel studs, cross bolts. Weaver had those.

All metal nitride coated. The action is SS and the other metal parts are CM. Nice that it all matches and looks good. Shoots well too!

Full thread here
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14276255/kevin-weaver-7-mashburn