Dr. Death;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the last weekend of January treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

While I'm cognizant it's a sample of one, I've used a 6x42 on my .308 Norma since 2009.

This was the first animal taken with it on that particular rifle - I believe it's the 4th scope, 3rd stock and 2nd barrel by the way.
[Linked Image]

Over the next couple years, I ended up hunting that same area and while it wasn't needed for whitetail, the rifle somehow turned out to be one of those "lucky" ones that ended up with me getting something when I was carrying it.

This was a couple years later.
[Linked Image]

While I check it for zero every year, I've more or less quit shooting it other than sighting in and hunting with it. I'm not sure that I've moved anything on it since that buck was killed in 2012 - I don't believe so actually.

Anyway, if you like the "set and forget" sort of setup in a hunting rig, then I've had absolutely no issues with mine in that regard. I don't recall it moving any better or worse than the rest of the Leupolds in the safe - which is to say certainly not easily always, but once there it seems to be happy.

In particular, I find it useful in low light conditions.

Hopefully that was useful information for you or someone out there. Good luck whichever way you decide and all the best to you this year.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"