Originally Posted by xausa
I have never been a fan of the Krieghoff thumb activated Seperatekugelspannung (separate rifle barrel cocking device) . All my drillings use the now obsolete system involving a lever on the bottom of the action, leaving the tang free for the safety. This photo of my Krieghoff Neptun drilling illustrates what I am talking about.

[Linked Image from i1231.photobucket.com]

If you look long and hard enough, you may be able to find one on a Trumpf.

I prefer this system, also, but the system on my Trumpf with the safety to the side of it works well enough. I have to admit that I have selected the rifle several times when trying to push off the safety. shocked grin

My older Sauer/Daly sidelock drillings used the side lever, which I think is the best system. I like being able to cock and select the rifle (shot by the Back triggers) and uncock by holding the lever all the way down, pulling the rear trigger, and let the lever up slow and deliberate. They also use a conventional top tang safety. The only thing I don't like about my sidelocks with this feature is the extra weight of a sidelock.

That Neptun is spectacular! I've always wanted a Neptun Primus.

My Sauers that had the side lever cocking feature.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by luv2safari; 01/23/20.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”