"To which the fired guy replied, in essence, " Credibility? WTF- I'm a Weatherman!""

Reminds of a time many years ago when someone asked my what I did for a living. Told them I was a paid liar. You know? A weatherman. Boss chewed my ass out for over a half hour when that got back to him. All I said in response was, "People think we never get it right all I do is beat them to the draw. Not a hell of a lot they could say after that.
One time right at the end of our monsoon season the lead forecaster came out with no chance of thunderstorms. We'd been running a flyer at the end of out forecasts stating "Remember, thunderstorms can produce dangerous lightning, heavy rain and flash flooding." Well ten minutes later he calls and tells me to take it out of the forecast. I refused. He asked me on what basis did I feel there might be a storm. I told him is was just a gut feeling. He said remove it and I said back, "You want to change the forecast, do so and put your name on it." He let it stand and when my relief came in at noon he change the forecast like a good like boot licker. At two PM that afternoon there was a thunderstorm on the back side of the Catalina Mountains and there was a flash flood killing two hikers. I dunno. To this day by all rights there should not have been any chance of a storm but my gut said otherwise. I'll just add that the Vigaro hit the Mixmaster on that deal and we had people from the regional office down and somebody's head was gonna roll. All I can add is there was one very red faced Meteorologist when the smoke cleared.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE