Originally Posted by WiFowler
I spoke with a gentleman that I know that is at SHOT. He's gonna stop by the CA booth and get some more details - specifically on the barrel attachment method. Other than being threaded, it's quite possible that the barrel is attached in a manner similar to the 10/22.

John Snow (Outdoor Life?) has a short review of the rifle up on Youtube. He does a quick overview of the gun and his perceptions of it - not much more than you'd be able to figure out from reading the CA website. And LOTS of background noise from the range behind him. I'm torn. I like the idea of a classy rifle with great accuracy that's lightweight and uses the Ruger magazine. But the closeups I've seen of the action don't thrill me that much (reminds me of the cheap Savage rimfires) - though pretty much everything else about it does. I get that they are trying to hit a cost margin with this gun, and it offers quite a lot while doing that. I'd happily pay a bit more for a better action. If Vudoo would make their action available in such a format, hell, I'd sell one of my kidneys to get it.

There, I got my gripes out. Guess I should have bought a 77/22 back when they were still reasonably priced. Then I'd really have something to b*tch about.....

Kaiser Norton

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"