I got some feedback from the guy I know that was at shot. Mixed feelings, largely surrounding the bolt. Seemed somewhat 'demur', in his words. I took that to mean not quite right. He did say that there was a steel insert in the rear of the action that the bolt lugs lock into. Saves galling of aluminum. No mention made of barrel attachment method. He did say that while the intent was to emulate the 700 footprint, they came pretty close but some inletting would be required of the mag well to adapt any other 700 stock to the Ranger. I question the placement of the front action screw - looks outta place for a 700 footprint gun.

Some have poo-poo'd the CA Ranger and writing it off before it even hits the shelves (May/June/, I'm told). The nay sayers are mostly those that are after a cheaper Vudoo - a trainer that emulates their heavy LR rigs. I don't think that this was CA's goal. They make, for the most part, hunting rifles. Hence, a light weight .22 RF to fall in line. Time will only tell how the CA Ranger works out. I'll be looking forward to fondling one personally. Only then will I say 'yes' or 'no.'

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.