...but not forgotten.

Some time back a friend passed on and his wife was left to dispose of his stuff, a rather substantial pile of it, truth be known. Included was a pile of guns and shooting accoutrements that only a loony would possess such as an original 1873 Springfield Trapdoor. And stuff piled upon stuff. So much so that aside from the stuff in the house several firearms were located in the barn, buried amidst another pile of reloading stuff. Helping her sort it all out was a melancholy experience to say the least.

I took a small bit of it off her hands and others in this loony town scarfed up the rest, pronto. Good end I'd say. So, not to turn this into a long winded exercise of trivia, I had occasion yesterday to run some brass thru the cleaner, and that included a box picked up in the course of affairs. The question that comes to mind is this: How old does brass have to be before it's no longer useful? For the youngsters among us, note the price on the box in the upper right quadrant. Back before price labels were invented? I dunno...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Another oddity came to light in the course of case prep was that two Lyman manuals listed different trim-to-length dimensions, and they were not "slightly" different. Nope, they varied by .043".

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain