Originally Posted by Pappy348
The looks alone take the Lupo off the table for me. I suppose they felt they needed to make its appearance so "distinctive" to separate it from the crowd, but it's just bizzare to my eye. I see no wood options, and cartridge choice is limited to .30/06, .300 WM, and .270. Have to wait for some real reviews for hard data on its function.

The M12 and less expensive M18 reportedly have really excellent triggers and are good shooters. Check out the Fieldsports Channel episode on the M18 for an extended LR test.

Did you look at the Mauser site? The M12 is a modern rifle, but the quality is very evident. They also offer a manual-cocking option for those who like that. The stocks have attractive lines, and the wood options are nice.

Benelli makes good stuff, and probably the best auto shotgun action ever. Why they have to make so many of them so fuggin' ugly is a mystery. My son briefly owned a very nice 20ga that was really nice, so I know they can do it.

I would have to shoot and handle both before I said something. The only thing I will say is it is innovative, the stock is definitely an out of the box design and the price tag is a killjoy.