Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I guess I'll have to take the opposite view than most on here.

1) A coyote is stouter and more formidable than a bobcat. Bobcats are built kinda fragile compared to a coyote.

2) There's been several attacks and even some fatalities by coyotes. I don't know of any fatalities from bobcats.

3) Remember the guy a few months back that killed the half grown mountain lion with his bare hands? I'm sure someone has killed a coyote with bare hands, but I'm not familiar with any. I have seen plenty of pissed off, trapped coyotes or wounded coyotes that had lots of fight in them.

My shooting sticks still carry the marks of when I had to use them to pin a coyote to the ground to break up the fight between he and Buster, so I could shoot it point blank. That coyote bit the sticks and jerked them outta my hand.
I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and kill it almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites a dog up good and occasionally kills a dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.