Abortion should be legal, certainly in the first trimester.
If it is made illegal, women will go back to what they did in the sixties, "back alley abortions" with coat hangers etc. You can't make abortion, or marijuana, go away because you make it illegal.

I got in to the medical profession back in 1980 in a small town in central Georgia. I was a paramedic at a hospital. As part of my training I had to watch 10 surgeries, which included several child births, and several procedures called a "d&c." Medical slang among docs and nurses is "dusting and cleaning."
Something has gone amiss "up there" and they do a d&c. And if, the female should happen to be pregnant, the d&c will cause an abortion.

So I was working in a hospital just 7 years after Roe v. Wade. And as I talked to the nurses about this procedure, several of them told me that, yes, the d&c was commonly given back in the sixties. IF you were a big lawyer, or the mayor, back in 1969, and you happened to be a golfing buddy of the ob/gyn doctor, and your little 17 year old daughter had fetched up pregnant, then it was time for a d&c.

I had several nurses tell me that the d&c was routinely used, before Roe v. Wade, for abortions, if you were connected, and this was the most conservative part of America, rural Georgia. A bunch of Baptists. If this was going on in Georgia, God knows what kind of abortions they were getting, in San Francisco or New York.

So, if y'all get abortion made illegal, the rich and connected will get the d&c, the poor will get back alley abortions, in which many women will die, and many more unwanted babies will be born, to a mother who didn't want them and couldn't afford them.

A 3 week old zygote is not such a sacred thing. About 30 percent of pregnancies result in miscarraige.