Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Usually happens to me at least once a year with deer antlers... mad

I have fixed them both ways...

Take it off, load the heavy SOB in the pickup, take it to town, have them break it down, plug it with a boot from the inside... and pay them $50. Then do the same in reverse to get tractor rolling again.

Time lost 1/2 day, minimum.

OR...

Limp over to my pickup, fire up the gasoline compressor, stick 3-4 plugs on the plunger and plug the hole, and air it up.

Time lost 20 minutes.

smile

But I gotta admit... Since I put this stuff in my tires, I have not had to do that. https://www.multiseal.us/products/pro-hd-2500/index.html

Plugs a 3/4" hole permanently.

Can you use that in hwy truck tires, Barry?

My tire dealer used to buy this grey dusty stuff from an old man. Put a handful in each tire when mounting and take the truck in after hunting season and take the tires off the rims and pull 10-20 mesquite thorns, nails, screws out from the inside, throw in a bit more and put the tire back on and go.

Old man died without ever telling him what it was.

Sometimes I'd see the low tire indicator go on and watch the pressure go down to 40 or so before it sealed the leak. Unreal.

I loved that stuff. People hunting with me would crap when I just ran over piles of big thorn mesquite brush in old growed up pipelines or cutting across range land after quail or coyotes or javelina.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/26/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin