Originally Posted by KFWA

Glad I'm not the only one. It's about enough to drive a person insane.

I really never understood snowbirds until the last couple of years. You're just stuck in this crap. I think it does lead to some type of low grade depression, whether you realize it or not.

I don't really want to be in Florida, I just want to be in a dry yard and out doing something.[/quote]

My folks and my grandfolks on both sides were snowbirds-- picked up from Cincy and relocated to Florida every year. My grandfather started doing it within a few years of arriving in this country-- He'd build houses up here for 3 seasons and then pack the family up and go down to Miami Beach and get some starts under his belt starting about Nov1.

KYHillChick and I have taken a few winter vacations, but we won't start snowbirding until we retire. There is a good reason for me: hypothyroidism. You deplete Thyroid hormones as part of your body trying to deal with cold weather. With someone like me, the Thyroid gets behind and once it does, it stays behind all winter. If I can spend some time down south and not tax my Thyroid, it makes life so much easier. Some people get depressed. I just get absent-minded.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer