So in a very short test of shooting with a dirty bore I shot 20-30 rounds back in November and had not touched that rifle again until Saturday. First 3 shots went into 3/8" using my favorite load of 41.3gr H4350 and 130gr Gamechangers. (Bergara Woodsman 6.5CM) Then I proceed to shoot 30 or so rounds of different loads looking for a magic 140gr load. At the end of that session I shot one more group with my proven favorite and put 3 into just under 1/2". That made somewhere between 50 and 60 rounds and the accuracy is getting better if anything. (Although I have shot a bunch of 1/2" groups with this rifle and load.) Kind of makes me wonder at what point should I actually clean this thing? I have shot hundreds of rounds through my 17HMR without cleaning and 22's seem to shoot better and better the dirtier they get. Thoughts or experiences leaving the bore dirty as opposed to cleaning every trip to the range?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope