I was over at the range today, and shot a Stevens 22.250, loaded with 17.5 grains of Blue Dot., and the bullets were some 55 grain Varmint Nightmares...

this rifle has been fed 17.5 grains of Blue Dot with 40 grain VMaxes for the last several months..just for going to the range and putting some rounds down the barrel....usually 10 rounds of this combo, the 40 grain VMaxes, give me dime sized hole at 100 yds...

The same load today with the Varmint Nightmares in 55 grains, were all over the target ( 8/ 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, targets down loaded off the internet...)..that concerned me.. the 10 rounds loaded with the 40 V Max did the usual dime sized hole...

Loading up the same load with 55 grain VMax tonight, just to compare to see if it is the bullet weight or not...

was also going to load up 10 rounds with a Speer 50 grain TNT...just to compare...

was surprised to see the Varmint Nightmare not having that good of a showing...it was out of a batch of 500 bullets, bought in bulk....

who knows....what's going on...gotta put that Timney trigger in that Stevens I have had for 6 months now...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez