What the others said. Smooths out. Maybe an artifact of stainless on stainless. Whatever. The only quibble is the stainless dovetail rings can easily be incorrectly seated, loosen, etc. So be deliberate.

Spacers are ugly. They work. As it happens, I hunt with no spacers and, because of laziness, just add a Pachmayr Decelerator slip on at the range. Had no laminate stock issues except need to re-torque front screw to 95 in/lbs after a few shots. Has stayed tight since.

I flat out love this gun. .375R. 1" at 100 yds for 5 with just about everything. There's alot of suspect data around, but I have no trouble getting 2550-2575 fps with 300s, 2700 fps with 270s. Loaded the first brass 16x. From a 20", and all. Given the low probability of traveling west again, or needing to shoot beyond 300 yds again, might sell the .300s, '06s, etc and use this the rest of the way..........

The brake is wonderful. Less perceived recoil than a similar weight '06. No need for a lead-sled at the range. I hunt alone and wear electronic muffs. Would wear the muffs even if it were an unbraked 26" .243. .22 rf, too. Just how a near-deaf old guy rolls.

No negatives. Crazy nimble in the hands. With 20" barrel it handles/swings like a Purdey game gun (yes, I know how they handle), even if is heavier.