Originally Posted by vapodog
I'm having serious issues with something here.....both my computers use windows 10 and I get a screeching sound with a warning that something is bad with my machine.....BS.....it only happens here!

I got the same thing this past Thurs on my new HP with Win 10 that came with McAfee anti-virus and Windows Defender anti-virus. This virus is called "Reimagine Repair" and it came from www.greatchoice.com. It been around for a while and it zipped right through the McAfee and Windows virus defenses. I ran full virus scans with both McAfee and Windows and neither found the virus. I spent an hour on the phone with Windows yesterday and they took control of computer and supposedly cleaned everything up. Windows then ran another complete system scan and found NOTHING. The virus hit again a couple later that day and I found it but while I was trying to how to delete it went away. I just got another virus called "pcierd.site" with the same loud screeching sound while on 24hourcampfire. My current solution is to turn my sound off. Supposedly the "Reamine Repair" virus won't damage your computer but I don't know about "pcierd.site". Now that I know more about the virus I'll contact McCafee and Windows again next week. All the years I had Win 7 with no virus protection other then what Windows provided I NEVER got a virus.

Last edited by victoro; 02/01/20.