Originally Posted by RockyRaab
That says a lot about McCafee, does it not? That and Norton are just bloatware.

My road away from Windows has not been without potholes, but at least it has been free of drive-by malware.

I don't think my virus problems have anything to do with 24hourcampfire because I NEVER had a problem with old laptop with Win 7 that had no virus protection except what Microsoft provided. I had doubts about McCafee because I know a lady that was our computer guru where we I worked for many years. The company we worked for had McCafee on all their computers so I assumed it was the best. When got my first personal laptop I asked her if she recommended McCafee and she just laughed. She the only reason our company used McCafee was that they got it free and let McCaffee advertise that our huge company was a customer. I went with Norton and got a virus soon after. The guy that removed the virus said to just keep Microsoft current and I wouldn't have any more problems. My son recommended I use Firefox or Google Chrome as my browser. He uses Firefox because he says stays more up to date.