Right before deer season I picked up a 35 Rem CVA Hunter cheap at a pawn shop. It's "stainless", or at least the barrel is stainless but the receiver looks like it has some kind of stainless coating on it. Anyway, whatever it is, I just wanted a beater rifle for hunting a new property that's super thick and swampy and also qualified for "primitive weapons". Bought a box of Remington Corelokts to test fire it before buying reloading components for it. Accuracy wasn't great, maybe 3-4 inch groups at 100 but not entirely sure that was the rifle, the scope that it came with looked like it had some miles on it.

Figuring it was "good nuff" for the sub 50 yrds that I'd see at that place, I had the barrel cut to 18", threw on a Leupold muzzleloader scope that was laying around, and picked up some components. With Sierra 200 RN's, some old as the hills 748 powder, and range pick up brass, it consistently threw up 1.5 inch groups at 100. Plenty good enough for what I needed and all in all was happy with the rifle. As rainy as it was this year I ended up liking it well enough to carry it most of the season this year instead of my usual 357 Herrett pistol. Trigger breaks clean but heavy. Going to see if I can lighten the trigger a bit but all in all not bad for the price.