Originally Posted by usull
Slumlord , some people feel it , others do not . I had loss of Energy , and a high Pulse . Some folks feel a thumping Heatbeat . There are also two types of Ablations . The common one is Right Atrial Ablation and I have seen various High numbers given for success . Unfortunately , that was not my case . I have had two Right Atrial Ablations and still have A-Fib . The severity at present , however , is much less than before . There are certain Nodes in the Heart Chamber which are destroyed to try to prevent A-Fib . There are at least three ways to accomplish this destruction . I seem to recall telling the Surgeon ( just before Anesthesia ) to avoid the PV1 Node ( hope my Memory is correct ) . He chuckled at that one , and off to Dreamland I went . Anyway if a Pacemaker is installed and your PV1 Node is gone .......and your Pacemaker FAILS ........ you die . My present Cardiologist says if you have A-Fib and you live long enough , you will probably go into 100% A-Fib . There is another Procedure called Left Atrial Ablation pioneered by a Professor at Pa. University in Philadelphia . When I was first told I had A-Fib , I was put on a Med. ( Amiodarone ) where you had to sign a Release . Lost some hair from that Med . That Cardiologist suggested a Left Atrial Ablation . I asked for the Pa. Professors Phone No . ....and was told some BS about contacting the Professor .... shortly thereafter I got a new Cardiologist . I found the Contact Info on the Computer , called the Professors Office and made a Consultation Appointment . Going there and meeting the Professor was an interesting story in itself . Anyway , Left Atrial Ablation is a much more dangerous Procedure( as it involves piercing the wall which separates the two Chambers ) . About one in three hundred people don't make it . This was a few years ago , so the figures today might be better . I was told to stay on Amiodarone for the time being as that Option was the safer way to go . After my second Right Atrial Ablation , I was able to get off that Med . Sorry to be so long winded , but hope this Info. helps folks afflicted by A-Fib .

My first ablation failed too, after a few days. The second one flew like an eagle and I have not had a single occurrence of afib since. Been checked several times.

Moosemike, good luck to you brother.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH