Originally Posted by ihookem
I finally decided to buy a Williams peep sight instead. It is a number 1340 . I do have to mount it on the tang and need to drill a hole to boot. I think I will shoot much better . We will see. Anyone else have a tang peep sight? I hear Idaho Lewis doesnt do well hunting with them but we will see.

I love my Peep sights, i have them on EVERY Muzzleloader I Shoot 👍 In fact i would be in trouble without them, My eyesight is NOT VERY Good from an Accident in the Logging/Timber industry, A Peep sight helps me Tremendously. My ONLY Complaint is Low light, In Really Low light i Might as well be Blind, This Depends of Course? Not all Low light is Bad. I shoot Peep sights so well that i am Willing to Trade off Lower light, For better light. If i see a Deer at 200-250 Yards, He will be coming home with me 👍 I simply cannot do that with Regular open Sights, Not even Close!

I have a few of the Williams 1340s, They are Called an FP Hawken. I have shot mine to 500 Yards Accurately. Thompson Center Hawken Rifle, Green Mountain LRH .45 Cal, 1:30 Twist Barrel. Lyman 17AHB Globe front, With Shavers BPCR Insert

Target is 505 Yards, Ranged with my Leica 1600 Rangefinder. White Spot strait Above my Barrel, That Target is 3-4 Feet in Diameter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Standing behind my Target looking Back at my Truck/Shooting Bench, All the way at the Very end of the Logging Cut/Unit

3 Shots in 7 inches, This was 1 of my first attempts at this, with this Particular Setup

400 Grain Cupped Base Paper Patched Bullets

Typical 100 Yard Target with the Above Load, 7 Shots here

I Scribed this 500 Yard Mark in my Sight, This is a Well Proven Load in this Rifle

Mine is a TK Model (Target Knob) I also have Gib Elevator Lock on mine, with a 1” Target Aperture

Here is the Gib Lock, Without this you need a Small Flathead Screwdriver to make Field adjustments. This Gib Elevator Lock is SLICK! This allows me to Lock/unlock in the Field by Hand

Last edited by Idaholewis; 02/03/20.

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown