It seems like this thread is bearing out my personal belief that everyone's gotta use their own eyes to see what works for their particular vision, body, &/or hunting situation.

Vision: I agree the 6x Yosemite is extremely clear, bright, & sharp. I'm just not able to use them without experiencing considerable eye strain within 3 to 5 minutes. That doesn't mean that most of the rest of world is wrong, it just means those don't work for me.

Body: Leupold 8x32 Bx3 Mojave is an absolute, "Wow!" binocular for me, but some have reported they didn't fit their face very well. I can't begrudge those people their experience. Eyecup designs have been a make or break issue for many, many people who wear glasses.

Situation: I've compared an alpha 8x42 to many others, and hardly been able to detect a difference vs. binoculars even as cheap as $300. This would be in Midwestern corn fields, or Eastern hardwood forests, or Southern swamps. However, that same pair of alphas was able to resolve game that a quality $500 pair could not. This was while glassing for dog-sized game... 2 ridges away... in the Alps... It's always great to get the best pair of binoculars you can afford, but if you're not hunting some really wide-open spaces, you may not really be able to see the difference vs. much less expensive glass. What, where, and how you hunt are important considerations, that can help hunters settle on reasonably priced binoculars that will do all that's ever required in those situations.

We're blessed to have so many excellent options these days. It can also be a curse.

FC

Last edited by Folically_Challenged; 02/03/20.

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC