My father lived to be 72. He died of a heart attack but most of us (family) think that it was because they gave him BP medication for high blood pressure and it messed him up. He lived a heck of a life. He survived nearly every possible Alaskan tragedy. He was burned on over 80% of his body. He had his neck broken in two extremely major accidents and lost his leg to diabetes. He fell down a set of stairs and broke his back titanium out of his back. Everybody who knew him would tell you that he was tougher than a wolverine. Most believed that he would die because of pain.

My grandfather lived to be 71 and died due to exposure to roundup related to colon-rectal cancer. He was a World War II engineer who went through a lot. He fought through the battle of Attu, Manilla, Luzon and was support for battle of Guadalcanal and Pelileu.

My maternal grandfather lived to be 92. He was a farmer and walked a lot. My maternal grandmother lived to be 96. She was a school teacher like me. I don't know if my high blood will cause me complications and a shorter life.I am just 51 so we will have to see.