gunner, your fav 338-06 powder, H-380, seems to produce more velocity per unit of pressure than other Hodgdon listed powders for that round (200 gr. bullet). It's probably gonna be my go to, at least with heavier bullets. You and Seafire push it beyond the 61 gr. Horn max,with 200's, but with the Horn pressure of only 52K psi at 61 gr., maybe you guys are onto something. Other powders max out at 62-63K psi..

The Loony in me wants to see what that gun will do with LVR. LVR burn rate is close to the popular 338-06 powders, H-380, CFE-223, RL-15, Pwr Pro 2000, 4230, slightly faster than Big Game. So, one would think it should work.

LVR's added performance in the 30-30 may or may not show up in other rounds. I've seen that with boutique powders, such as H-100V. As you well know, H-100V is the speed champ in the .257R, maybe not so much in other rounds. LVR is reportedly clean burning, reportedly cleaner than CFR-223, so who knows. LVR is a newer powder than H-380, but may not be better.

I'm wondering if Hodgdon's lack of more universal LVR data means it's only a stand out performer in the 30-30, not that much of a bonus in other rounds. Or maybe they're too busy to work up LVR loads in multiple rounds.

Hmmm....

DF