Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Because I was an assigned an article. But I also often try rifles that most snobs would refuse to consider. Have always figured my job involved actual journalism, not just shooting certain rifles that are "correct" among some rifle loonies, whether the loonies tend to prefer "classic" or "modern." As a result, I have learned quite a bit of unexpected information.

The Mossberg also had a walnut stock that was very nicely figured. Might post a photo later.

I bought a Patriot in 6.5 CM in 2018 for one of my son's friends to use for his first deer hunt. I had planned to give it to him when he graduates from high school, but that isn't going to happen. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it shoots. I still think that the Marlin X guns were a better entry-level cf rifle, but the Patriot has been accurate and reliable through multiple range visits and about 200 rounds fired.

I have a hard time envisioning some of your contemporaries using such a plebeian grade of firearm, let along write a positive word about one.

Ron Spomer uses the Patriot in 7mm mag quite a bit. And his pal took the Patriot in .338 Win mag to Alaska and killed a Brown Bear.