Oh hell, what happened to my post! It went to cyber space heaven. Anyway, My Mausers are all utilitarian except a couple. I'v got one that I am still working on. It's a Zastava Charles Daly Commercial 98 chambered in 7X57. A guy gave me a stock he thought would fit. He gave me the stock while my action and barrel were at my gunsmith's for 5 months getting the barrel screwed in, chambered and head spaced. While all that was going on I finished the stock with about 10 or 11 coats of True oil. It was beautiful and satin finished. I finished it out with 1000 then 1200 grit paper. When my gun smith got through I had finished the stock. But when I put it in the stock it didn't fit. I spent a couple of months fitting it and when I finished fitting it it looked like chit. So now I'm refinishing it.

Anyway, still working on iI have another that's a Yugo 24/47 that I had my gun smith rebarrel and chamber in .257 AI. I put it in a Boyds stock and finisbhed it myself. But I want to refinish it to a satin finish also.

I have another Yugo 24/47 that i had my smith sporterize but Kept the Military 8x57 barrel on it. It's still stepped down. I didn't do any refinish on it. I had meant to rebarrel it to a 6mm barrel later on but I liked the 8x57 cbambering so much I kept it as is. I put it in a Boyd's Pepper Laminate stock and it's still like that. The Military bluing was good enough for what I wanted this rifle to be. It's sort of a beater but it's accurate and it's a killer so I kept it like that. \
I also have a Mauser I had built on an old 98 action I got with 4 other actions for $25 back in 1988 from Fed Ord. I had an ER Shaw 26" 7mm barrel screwed in it and chambered in .280 Remington and added a Timney sporter trigger with a safety and put it in a B&C stock. I also had it blued. I've had several scopes on it through the years and it presently has a Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10 X40 on it. It shoots good and it's a hunter. Not beautiful like those on here, but a nice functional rifle. It's killed a few pigs and deer, but I usually grab my old Model 70 .270 as my go to gun for deer. But this one's a good one.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/12/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!