for a small office setting, i used HP 1500 series printers, think i only went through two of them, incredibly reliable. Five years ago i got a Brother HL5400DW refurb, which has surpassed the performance of the HP's.

their support is 1 year warranty and phone tech for the life of the machine, extremely handy. they even paid for a repair outside of warranty, told me where to take it. Regarding toner, they offer no support if using a non-Brother cartridge, they verify by having you read the serial number off the cartridge, i always do, so no problem. I'm afraid a brand-x cartridge would mess me up.

currently the machine is showing signs of failing, and from what i can tell a comparable replacement, still being produced, is the HL5200DW, less than 2 bills out the door. will probably get one soon.

I like to take photos, and wonder what the real photobugs are using in the digital age, since the drug store shops' product is crap, and i've had no good results from online photo services, like Shutter fly. But, i really don't want to invest all the $$, especially since I'm not sure ibcould replicate the quality of the old photo 'processors'

Last edited by sse; 02/12/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]