Originally Posted by TheBigSky
A snow blower is one of the best items I've ever bought. After owning one, I wish I had bought one 30 years earlier and can't understand why I didn't. On a related note, I don't understand why a couple of local teenagers don't buy a snow blower and head house to house after a snowfall. A young and pseudo-ambitious person could make several thousand a winter for relatively easy work just going door to door. Heck, when I was a kid, we did do that with shovels. I don't think I've ever had anybody knock on my door offering to clear the snow for payment. Sad times.

I kind of grew up outside of suburbia, but not too far out in the country. More residential, but lots from 1 to 20 acres. A buddy of mine's father had an old Ford tractor with a blade on the rear and they'd put chains on it. When we were in our teens, whenever we'd have a good snow, he'd get on the tractor and go door to door plowing driveways. As a 15 or 16 year old, that dude would clean up in a couple of days with thousands of dollars in his pockets.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 02/12/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan