The Airforce is keeping 228 A-10’s operational through 2040. All have been or are going to be rewinged. They are dumping 44 of the oldest A-10’s. That’s probably enough A-10’s to cover operations where they’re survivable. It only made sense to buy the light attack aircraft if they were going to get rid of the A-10’s but congress won’t let the Air Force get rid of the A-10. I think it’s the correct move. In a big war with a near peer adversary the A-10 isn’t survivable. The A-10 is unique in its capabilities but I suspect that cheap , capable , and easily available , manpads will end its career before 2040. The equivalent of current stingers will be made and sold by counties like China and sold to dirtbag 3rd worlders for next to nothing.
Btw , I’ve been used as targeting practice a half dozen times that I was aware of while driving my truck down 94 in South Georgia. Really cool planes to see practicing stalking and targeting. Running across a big clearcut and then popping up over a plantation tree line and dropping the nose down on you for just a moment and then diving back down into the cut. Amazing how they can turn.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 02/13/20.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !