Like to order a couple of McMillans for a few Winchester 70's. The stock I mostly use now is the Manners EH2. Vertical grip, palm swell, high comb, fat foreend. It's fugly but what I shoot best. Manners apparently won't do it for Winchesters, though.

Looking through all the threads, looks like the Sako Hunter has a similar grip shape, palm swell, and high comb, but has a skinny fore-end.

The Winchester Hunter seems similar, but maybe with a slightly wider fore-end (better for me, but what does it lose vs the Sako?)

The Micky Remington Hunter seems to be most like an EH2.

I realize this has been hashed over forever, but most of the photos from older posts are blurred out. Rifles in question are a Classic 300wsm, a Classic 338 win mag, and a pre-64 35 whelen that might morph into a 9.3x62 before its built.

Is the Winchester Hunter like the Sako Hunter, except for the thicker fore-end? And is the Remington Hunter basically the same except for the very wide fore-end? Does anyone have pics of a Winchester hunter fore-end vs a Sako? What am I missing here?

Last edited by TX35W; 02/17/20.