Originally Posted by Switch
Originally Posted by efw
I’m leaning toward the LAW (formerly Bansner):

http://www.legendaryarmsworks.com/product-p/winmod70sa.htm

I have a Basner stock on one of my Model 70 Winchesters which I purchased several years ago and like as much or more than the McMilians. I have not seen one of the new ones, however unless things have changed a lot the Bansers require considerable work to fit, finish and install recoil pad. I was able to do most of the work myself but needed a big can of epoxy because also the barrel channel was crooked and was time consuming to get right. I have never been good at recoil pad installation so that was another $100.00. Pillar installation took me a 8 hour shift to get right.. I bought the stock from someone other than Bansner or I would have returned it. It was a good winter project and turned out well, still have the rifle. At the time Bansner would finish the stock with fill and paint then install recoil pad, but that brought the price up to the McMillian price point or higher. Kind of like the Brown I did 40 years ago, althought the Brown was more work, needing a lot of fill and sanding. In the end unless you are skilled in this type of work I'd pay the price and go McMillian. I'm hoping this will have improved with the new molds at Bansner because they feel good to me, Never weighed mine so don't know how it compares to the Mickys i own, My hunting partner has a Wildcat on his Ruger tanger. and he loves it, but with paint shipping back for paint after bedding, pad installation ect, the price is right up there. BTY one of my favorite hunting rifles is stocked in one of the newer Remington plastic stocks, which fit me well, only weigh a couple oz's more than the expensive after market stocks. and are pretty damn stiff,. If something should happen to it I'll jump on E Bay ans get anew take off of $35.00! WALNUT IS STILL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I agree about the bansner taking a lot of time and work to fit. Mine was the same way.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA