Originally Posted by Bill_N

In addition to the application fee & habitat stamp fee. Nickel & dime BS is frustrating if you're only applying for preference points. Not as bad if you apply for a license but living out of state I'll never use the small game or fishing license.

This is a scheme a number of states have hit upon because it increases their PR money from the Feds--plus the license itself is extra revenue. In Colorado, in lieu of charging for deer/elk/pronghorn.etc points, they just make everybody buy a small game or fishing license. Kind've of a way to "double dip". It's the sheep/goat/moose PP fee that antagonizes me. I'm applying for myself and my son, so there is $300+ dollars I donate every year now, plus application fees.
And although it would be easier to include in the license the current separate fees like search & rescue, and hunter ed, that money goes into different pot as required by the state legislature and is not meant for CPW operations. I still haven't figured out why the friggin' Habitat Stamp is separate though.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.