Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by 30338
We are like the last western state to force folks to buy hunting licenses in order to apply here. And the extra funds are going to a good cause.

So far we have seen no change. Less elk,less deer, new trucks, higher salaries,more administrative personnel and more nonwildlife background commissioners appointed by Polis.So what are the good causes?

Saddlesore,
I live about 10 minutes away from Lake Pueblo State Park. Since DOW was merged with Parks, LPSP has seen a dramatic facelift- new road paving, miles of new concrete bike paths, and as you say, a lot of nonwildlife expenditures.
Our hunting and fishing license fees are funding all this, but no contribution is being asked from the nonhunting public, that I can see, other than parks passes and camping permits, which by the way, I also have to pay for if I hunt or fish on Park lands. It still really irritates me that when I buy a license, I am charged a search and rescue fee, and have to buy a habitat stamp. What about all the bikers, hikers, birdwatchers, dogwalkers, etc. that use our state resources? I guess the rock climbers, backcountry skiiers, etc. never get injured or lost or need rescuing, just us hunters and fishermen.
So far, Polis has allowed his liberal policies to permeate everything in our state, including the decimation of our oil and gas industry. I thought Hickenlooper was bad, but Polis is taking liberalism to a whole new level. And, it still amazes me that things like wolf reintroduction can be taken out of the hands of our wildlife agency and placed in the hands of the voters, most of whom live in places like Boulder and Denver.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....