Y'all have covered most of the important parts, but let me review. I spent 10 years within walking distance of the University of Cincinnati campus and the Nursing College.

1) There's nothing worse than having a hot one move next door and she's not interested in you. Nurses all seemed to be interested in bagging a doctor.
2) Oh, I forget! Yes there is. You finally get to nail one of the hotties, and she turns out to be a creepy skank and you can't get rid of her, because she's your neighbor. I had one jiggle the lock one night and get stuck halfway in the door, because I'd put the chain on.
3) Then there's the pro that moves in. Yikes. I had a skank with a coinslot living in my place before I moved in. For the first 5 years, I had drunk out-of-town businessmen showing up at my door wanting to party with Bev!
4) They all seem to talk to each other. If you break up with one, they all know and now you're the pariah for the next 4 years.
5) Don't ever date your own tenants. They think they can get away with free rent and you can't evict them. Luckily I never fell into that trap, but I had a friend that did.
6) Before asking a neighbor out, make sure you check for an Adam's Apple and also slash marks on the wrists. I had a buddy who dated a chick he met at the corner bar. She always wore long-sleeve turtlenecks. I had to tell him that Frankie was a guy.
7) Don't date nymphomanics. I had a friend that was a trumpet major. He thought it would be a grand adventure to play in the clown band at DisneyWorld. He had to play the same 10 minute set every hour for an 8 hour shift dressed in a clown outfit. He didn't last the summer. Dating nymphomanics is a similar commitment.

Believe me, it's better to date strangers from across town than your neighbors.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer