Well, I have made the deposit for the lifelong dream (and belated 40th birthday self-gift). I have secured dates for June '21 in Namibia with Kowas. This has been based on country recommendations by some of you guys here. JGRaider very highly recommended Kowas, nad besides some minor miscommunication (which pushed the dates back to 2021), they have been a pleasure to deal with.
At this point all I have planned are the dates and the fact that my wife will join as a non-hunting observer. We are planning some non hunting sight-seeing and I'm torn between the Erindi reserve or Sossusvlei desert lodge (non-game viewing, but majestic landscapes, from what I gather)

Wished for "trophies" are Kudu, Impala, Gemsbok and warthog, but I may be open to some other ones, if opportunity and budget permit.

Not sure on taxidermy, as I know it increases cost, but I would hate to regret not having some to reminisce, so open to suggestions.

So for you gentlemen versed in African Plains Game.

Any other trophy recommendations or places to see? Budget is not unlimited, and I would rather shoot more animals, than get more expensive trophies, but if it needs some stretching, I'd be ok with tuna and saltines for a bit.