Correct me if I am wrong but to me a 0.001" bump each time works the brass less than letting it get 0.004" out and then sizing it back down. May turn out to be even if this only happens after 4 or more loads. Maybe someone smarter will comment on this?

Filaman what I have seen is the more progressive powders usually don't show traditional pressure indications until you are right up there. My theory is the progressives reach peak pressure further down the barrel so less effect on the case. This seems true of R26 and R16, I have not used R17. But this is also why initially people got crazy high velocities when R17 came out but there was no published data, people were putting the pedal to the metal and getting astounding results like 3,400 fps with 105s in the 243. Alliant is now showing 3,044 for the Speer 100 grain bullet, they took the pixie dust out of R17 darn lawyers.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli