In another sure sign of the apocalypse, grin Heard this on the wireless on the way to work this am.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/30774...th-manual-transmissions-in-the-us-report

Last quarter, EVs such as Teslas, Nissan Leafs, Chevy Bolts, and others accounted for 1.9 percent of all cars sold in the U.S. while vehicles equipped with the stick accounted for just 1.1 percent, which is an all-time low. Jominy points to "the discontinuation of many compact and subcompact sedans where manuals were purchased primarily as a lower cost of entry to a new vehicle," for the manual gearbox's latest decline. As the number of new cars available with a manual continues to dwindle, Jominy warns enthusiasts to get their hands on those manual-equipped sports sedans, track toys, muscle cars, and Jeeps while they still can.

I currently don't have a manual shift car/truck but will when we leave here. I'll admit after having to commute to and around Baltimore/DC/Northern VA for years I went automatic years ago except for the Alfa toy car and that's been gone for 7 but in retirement away from here I'll have another.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated