I have used a bunch of hard gun cases for travel over the years--and worn out more than one aluminum case, including a custom-made, 2-gun take-down case that was VERY highly rated at the time. In my experience really tough tough synthetic cases hold up much better.

Have had companions use survey-type cases like the Tuff-Pack, and would NOT own one. They are not only a PITA to unload and then load up again when required by Customs or airlines, but on one of them the lock did indeed break. One companion also lost his key.

Had a brand-new 2-gun SKB bust pretty badly on its very first trip to Africa. Yeah, they're guaranteed, but that doesn't do you much good on the trip itself.

Much prefer take-down cases, and for the last 15 years or so mine has been a Browning Bruiser single take-down, with wheels at one end. It is FAR easier not just to wheel around airports than larger, longer cases, but also fits into vehicles much easier--whether an overloaded Land Cruiser in Africa, but a smaller sedan in Europe.

Also, just about ANY long gun can be easily taken down enough to work fine. Aside from break-action guns, have taken the stocks off many bolt-action rifles, and even the buttstocks off Ruger No. 1s and Savage 99s. Put 'em back together and they usually shoot right where they did before. I always take along appropriate screwdrivers anyway.

These days Browning offers a 2-gun takedown Bruiser.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck