Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Can't understand the knock on the Tuffpak. You lay it down on the floor or a table, slide the Tuffsack out, show the guns and slide it back in. I'll take 2 minutes of "PITA" over a trip's worth of peace of mind any day. YMMV
This is for a month long trip to Tanzania for the wife and I with 2 rifles.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't know anything about Tuffpaks, but FULLY agree re survey cases..don't understand the bullsh!t above about locks, unpacking, etc...

There are no integral locks on a survey case. They have holed tabs where a padlock can be fitted.

Opening the top and sliding each softcase inside out to reveal the firearm is a 2 minute deal...I've done it literally hundreds of times.

I'll do it again this year when I head down to Cordoba, Argentina where I built a Cement Plant years ago, like I do EVERY year to shoot doves on the place of a good friend I made there...oh, and when I fly to Aberdeen, Scotland twice, first to cull Red Stags, then to cull Hinds, where my wife and I own a flat we bought while working there on North Sea oil projects like I do EVERY year...Oh, and when I meet my best friend, business partner, and the finest hunter I've ever known at the Istanbul Atatürk Airport for our Bezoar Ibex hunt to click off one of the last he needs to finish his Ovis Slams...we'll BOTH have our rifles in survey cases...

And, If I get home to Idaho I'll take pics of the Pelican 1750 with bent/stoved wheels that won't turn, and the SKB with literally TORN hinges that are in a trash heap in my barn...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...