Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by HawkCreek
Hello, new guy from the deserts of Washington here. Grew up on a ranch, spent my younger years as a machinegunner in the Marines and since then I've been in construction for the last decade or so. Love the outdoors and tasty critters!

First off welcome. There's a few things around here that cause much anguish and venom. If you mention the following subjects, you open yourself to keyboard commandos on this site. In no particular order:

270 Winchester...even though it's not Gay, some folks swear it is....Lord knows why.
Anything with the word "Creedmore". No explanation needed.
Admitting in public you own any Leupold product and are satisfied.
Saying that any make of firearm is better than any other make of firearm. (no matter which make you side with)
Admitting you have an inexpensive rifle that shoots as good as an expensive one..(even if you know it's true...don't do it!)

These are just a few to get you started. Don't ask why these subjects cause friction, nobody knows, or they are afraid to say.

Only .270 I ever had I gave away. Well I guess I still have it but I told a buddy it's his whenever he wants to come get it. I have too many .30-06's to worry about a single .270 in my collection.
Not a Creedmore fan but if it sells more guns and leaves more .30 caliber ammo available for me I have to at least sort of like it.
I'm a huge Leupold user. Never been disappointed by them but then admittedly I havent bought a new one since 2004 but its held up fine on my .338RUM.
Winchester is better than Marlin is better than Henry. Miroku makes the finest factory produced levergun pre or post-64 bar none.
My go-to meat gun is an ugly Remington 700ADL with the plastic stock and flaking off baked on finish with a third hand Leupold held on by cheap weaver rings. Its ugly, beat up and nothing at all fancy about it but it kills things I point it at.

Did I stir the pot enough?