Originally Posted by BIGR
[quote=akgrabt]Nice to hear, I picked up a RH .375 H&H only because they have a 25% in stock special going on right now and no lefties. Figured it would give me a chance to see how good they are and give me something to play with while I wait for mine to come in if I order one. Just came in today, and it is very nice overall. nice smooth bolt and crisp light trigger

Let us know how it performs, I have been looking at getting a left hand model. That rifle has the Savage action, right? How do you guys like the Savage action, pros and cons?

I had a few of these rifles built back in 2012, a 257 Roberts and 300 H&H. The 257 was on a synthetic stock that I don't think is offered any more. The 300 was built on their walnut stock. I found the walnut stock kind of off, doesn't really fit me well. To thick in the in the wrong places. I was thinking about having it restocked, but it is harder than I thought due to changes that Shaw does to the action. Below is part of an email from their representative concerning changes they do to the Savage action. Both rifles are very accurate and a good left hand option, I just wish I had opted for synthetic stock on both rifles.

Good afternoon
The action is a round design action like the Savage 10/110, we have them rough turned for us then we finish them
We use a .250 recoil lug, about 1/2 again bigger than the factory savage.
We do not use a barrel nut like save does.
The breech od of our barrels is wider and longer than a savage one is.
No Savage stock will accept a MK VII bbl/action.
Thanks again

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
-- Fred Bear