Originally Posted by Dess
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by Dess
Had to replace the leaking radiator in he wife's 2003 Jeep Liberty. Front impact sensor right next to radiator and somehow got unplugged causing warning light. Plugged it back in, but didn't clear the code. Tried disconnecting the battery for an hour to hopefully let the system reset itself. Didn't work. Now I'm trying to troubleshoot the darn thing without it exploding in my face when I turn the key. Any thoughts?

2003 Liberty that sensor is a hard code. Won’t clear on power down. Only way is to hook up a code reader and clear it. Any auto parts shop should have a scanner and can clear it for you.

Didn't know it was a DTC.

Yep tied into the air bag. One of those codes that forces you to take it in. They only want that fugger flying out at 100 mph to help you.

So I took it down to get some gas in it. Light still on. Filled up and drove home...light is not lit anymore. Either the code cleared or the light burned out. Darn Liberty is making liars out of all of us. Made excuse to do a few errands. Still ok. Going to watch it like a hawk for a while. Intermittent electrical trouble can drive you crazy until you find the root cause.

Thanks to everyone for their expertise and input. smile

I'm no mechanical wizard like some are here, but I do know that some electrical sensors of various types will indeed show an error code on a recorder if the device is unplugged. If you plug it back in, it will be polled by the "brains of the system" for a number of times and if it returns a positive response each time, the "brains" will clear the error code. Just a possibility. Or maybe it was your gas cap that just happened to not be tight at the same time....... smile

If it comes back, contact renny...... Tell him its a tank and you'll be good to go with minimal costs involved in less than 20 minutes......... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ