Not to long ago I bought a Diamondback Tactical 4-16x50 ffp moa. When tested the turrets were right on and the moa reticle was also perfect. SO a month or so later I bought the 6-24x50 ffp moa. Turrets were ok (usable) but the reticle was quite a bit off. Vortex's customer service was so very pleasant and sent pre-paid shipping for a repair. They kept it a few days and sent it back saying the parallax adjustment was off and RETURNED to factory specs. Like a user has some way of changing that! lol Anyway I don't know what they did but it's impossible to get a clear image at 100 yards now and the reticle is still off quite a bit! Why the hell have an ffp scope who's reticle is off at all zoom levels? It's useless for anything but a range scope now and it's not even good for that since the image is so bad! SO now I take it to the range with me every trip in case any of the hundreds of folks who wander by asking all kinds of questions wants my opinion of Vortex! lol A warranty is only good if they honor it! If their customer service just keeps smiling and repeating "it's withing spec's" then you don't really have a warranty! Anyway, it seems you've got a 50/50 shot at getting a working scope from Vortex! I guess what I lose on the second scope more than offsets the "deal" I got on sale for the first!

As a side note I recently got a Bushnell Nitro 4-16x44 ffp moa reticle and turrets for $290. I never thought I'd be buying a Bushnell and I've tried hard to find things wrong with it but it's great! The box test was right on (24moa) as is the reticle! Very nice image. Really nothing to complain about and miles ahead of 50% of the Vortex's I own. YMMV

but I should add, I don't own ANY high end scopes or for that matter any costing over 500 anymore so I'm talking about scopes at the low end of the market. Most I ever paid for a scope was 900 for a Burris Signature 8-32 target scope a couple decades ago.

Steve
I look forward to your range report and if the bdc matches your choice of loads. Hope ya got a good one!

Proper prior practice prevents piss poor performance!