Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by Lennie
I have one. For the price point, you can't build an equal 10-22.

How well does it shoot? And, has it been 10/22 reliable?

Mine has shot well, but the grade of ammo I've tried is subject to flyers so nothing is conclusive. I got distracted futzing around with a Mach 2, spent some money on that that would have been better spent on good .22 ammo. It's also had three scopes on it in the process. Now the .17 is gone and the CSC has a 4.5-14 Burris on it for the time being, so I can focus a bit. I will say some clusters have been very tight and I'm hopeful as the barrel breaks in and better ammo appears, it'll be up to snuff. It's certainly better than the SS birch sporter I had a while back.

The chamber is tight and last time out I had a couple of misfires with SV, very untypical for that stuff, that went bang on a second strike in the same spot. When I got it home I took it down and cleaned it out, including pulling a snake through the barrel. I think the snake every couple or three hundred rounds, especially with greased bullets, would be prudent. Not big on cleaning .22 barrels in general, but chambers, especially tight ones, need attention.

The new Quiet Auto loads worked perfectly, but accuracy was pretty bad. They did a lot better in my CZ, about an inch, but I did have one squib that landed about four inches low.

What fresh Hell is this?