I am in a text with my brother and my sister, my sister reporting. Both are nurses, her a former hospital CNO. The terminology they use I do not understand.

Here's so excepts from the latest one:

"On telephone conference with a Intensivist and a Nephrologist" (I have no idea what those are.)

"CT scan of chest today Infection effecting the lower right lobe."

" Jesse's respiratory rate and exertion are significant, but he's being maintained at 98%" ( I understand that observation, but not its meaning)

" They did an echo which showed 45% EF, no valve issue, septal hyperkinesis, cardiology will see him" ( Clueless here)

" Nephrology, Hyponatremia and creatinine creeping up, 1.3 at present." (Again, no clue.)

" Removed 600 cc of fluid from the plural sack, may have to remove more." ( I almost understand that)

" Oscillating from lucidity to delusion, from orientation to disorientation." ( I've seen that, when my mother was near death from cancer)

Lastly, and to me more telling than anything else since I am ignorant in this area, the doctor told my sister- in- law to call Jesse's son home.

I am praying but I must admit I am racked with fear, sadness and dread. Jesse is only 20 months younger than me so we grew up almost like twins.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.