Rock Chuck: Like in the opening scene of the incredibly profitable 1969 movie "Easy Rider" where Captain America (Wyatt) played by Peter Fonda when he "retires" from society and takes his gold watch off and throws it away before roaring off on his chopper to Mardi Gras - I about did the same thing when I retired 23 years ago!
I haven't worn a watch in decades now - I don't care what time it is in Idaho or in Timbuktu.
I go to sleep when I want and I get up when I want and Hunt when I want and chase guns when I want.
Half the week (if not more!) I don't even know (nor do I care!) what day of the week it is.
I do agree that Idaho's "split in half time zone" thing does confuse a lot of folks.
The fella next to me at the post Falls, Idaho gunshow last weekend was living in Oregon (maybe it was Montana?) at the time and had traveled to Idaho to attend a funeral and timed his arrival to be 40 minutes early instead he mixed up the time zones and was 20 minutes late.
Yeah it would be simpler if the clocks for you working people stayed the same and or were synchronized.
Good luck.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy