Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I don't know the veracity of the story, but an old hunting pard told me of the time he stumbled onto the "deer cave". You know, that haven where all the deer run and hide in upon hearing the first shots fired on opening day. He said he saw charts tacked on the wall showing the ballistics of all cartridges known to to be favored by hunters, including foot pounds of energy and clinical descriptions of wounds inflicted by all the offerings of the bullet manufacturers at the time. Evidently the wise old bucks held classes for the youngsters, to while away the days until it was safe to go back outside again. One thing that struck him, he said while lifting the sixth shot of Wild Turkey to his lips, was the big warning in red hanging over all those charts, graphs and 8x10 glossy color photographs, that cautioned the herd to be extra vigilant about hunters from the 24HCF sneaking around the woods.

I was matching the duffer shot-for-shot, so I didn't much care if he were bullshitting me or not...

laugh laugh laugh laugh

A Toast to gnoahh ! grin

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!